Friday, August 26, 2011

Look for simple solution first

My 2003 Jetta had a new injection pump installed and a new timing belt. My friend who did the work took apart the old injection pump and it was rebuilt prior to my buying the car and was rebuilt incorrectly causing it to eventually fail. I got the car running again and then began to have decrease power driving on grease and black smoke from the tailpipe. We looked at all the complicated things like the timing, fuel temp and fuel flow and couldn't discover the problem. Eventually it dawned on me that the car was acting like it was vapor locked and I did install check valves in the system as the valves that control the system leak small amounts of fuel and I was worried about cross contamination. I removed the check valve on the supply line and checked my connections and the car runs great! It is easy to assume a problem is due to something complicated like timing or a bad pump, when in reality it was a $30 part that wasn't critical for the operation of the car.

2 comments:

  1. new energy projects new energy projects
    RLCPPL - Offering detailed information related to Solar Plants in India, New Energy Projects,Solar Thermal Water Heating Systems
    ,Solar Power projects under JNNSM, JNNSM solar plants, PV Power plants in India, Investment in Solar Projects, Investment in Solar power in India,
    Upcoming solar power plants in India, National Solar Mission power plants, National Solar Mission projects, Solar Plants in Tamilnadu,
    PV Plants in Tamilnadu, Solar PV Plants in Tamilnadu, Investment Opportunities in Solar India, Solar Opportunities in India, Solar Thermal Water Heating Systems.


    ReplyDelete
  2. My Testimony Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Benjamin after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr.Benjamin Lee promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Benjamin Lee, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Benjamin via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740 and  his email: 247officedept@gmail.com thank you. 

    ReplyDelete