Thursday, April 2, 2009

The project begins!




I have received enough of my materials allowing me to begin the conversion. My conversion will take a while as I have another car to use and I want this conversion to perform better than my first and to look more professional. My Jetta came out just fine, but I did change a few things that caused problems. One was poor electrical connections. I used spade connectors for example and one came loose as I was driving causing the system to act up, well it began to dump grease into my diesel tank. Not fun as I had to pump out the diesel tank to correct the contamination. I now soldier all connections.
I am doing the conversion at Marty's house. Here is his picture with our cars. He has a heated garage, and I am able to check a few things on his Golf that are different from my Jetta so that if I need I can simple look and see how he did his conversion. This is very helpful when you begin to cut fuel line and drill holes in the fire wall of your car. I will list what I completed:
1- changed the oil, it was time and seemed like a good first thing to do.
2- created a mount for the Vegtherm, the high hot heater for the SVO (straight vegetabl oil). I have included picture of mount and one of an installed vegtherm. The last picture is the mount, the second is the vegtherm. Look in the front of the car for the silver tube with orange gaskets holding it in place.
3- began to cut the hole in my fire wall to allow me to run the 3/8" hoses for the coolant and SVO. My SVO is in my trunk and thus I need to get the lines from the trunk to the enging.

No comments:

Post a Comment